I made this chart with several goals in mind:
- Consolidate all the most important charts used in one page (with the additional night, dawn and explanatory items on a second page). The GB rules charts rambled over numerous pages and some seemed unclear to me.
- Put the charts in Turn Sequence order. That helps me keep the pace moving.
- Make the dice need consistently D20 instead of mixture of D10 and Percentile rolls required in the original rulebook.
- Make the rolls and modifiers consistent: pluses are bonuses and desired scores high, so minuses are penalties and low rolls bad.
Why do I call it version 5? I had made 2 other versions over a decade ago that only rambled a little less than the game’s original charts and other material including FAQ from sessions with the author, Bruce McFarlane. They are called version 3 and version 4. Be careful that some of the modifiers found in Version 4 (in dark blue) were variants that I made up and not in the original game rules.
If you already downloaded Version 5 before mid-April 2017, I found a small typo and lack of clarity in the Close Combat chart so you may want to download again or at least be aware.
- GBchart5_Ltr_Landscape – GBcharts5 Legal Landscape
- (I no longer have a version 1 or 2)
“IOS” version of GB Game Reference Charts, v5
This link is to an IOS version of my GBchart5_1column (my version 5 only). It is one super-long column so you could scroll through what is on the 2 “pages” (very skinny long pages!) No changes from my latest version 5 on an iPhone, iPad or similar.* The reason for the one column is so you don’t have to scroll both sideways and up/down. Just down through the turn sequence.
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader app on your phone. For Mac move it over from your computer via iTunes.
*I am not familiar with the Windows, Android etc. procedure.
(This was added on 28FEB14 but moved to this URL. And slight typos corrected on all vesion 5 charts on May 2, 2017)
|So that you do not need to “Z” scroll from side to side on a smart phone or iPad, this is a super long (3″ wide by 64″ tall) PDF file that you merely scroll up or down!|